We recently undertook a Workplace Survey to help us understand how COVID-19 has impacted you, your staff, your workplace and the way you want to work now.
We’ve analysed the data and we’re happy to the share the results of our survey findings. Flexible working and a hybrid approach to time spent working in the office and working from home is a clear trend.
- Of 130 respondents, 29% were from Auckland, 15% Nationwide, 20% South Island
- The majority of responders were in a management position, from team leaders, owners or management.
- We had relatively even splits on company size, with slightly more respondents from 0-10 employees and slightly less from 50-250 employees
Where people will be working
- Currently the majority of employees in business are working a mixture of home and at work.
- Going forward, employees are going to continue to work a mixture of work and at home with a 20% increase in people working exclusively from the office.
- People working exclusively from home is set to decrease slightly.
- Understandably, outside of Auckland people are the most likely to change their working habits in the next 3-6 months as lockdown restrictions on the region ease.
- The majority of participants in this survey would prefer to work some portion of their work week at home, the most common mix being 2 days a week
- 21% of respondents still want to work full time from an office while 11% want to work exclusively from home
- Smaller businesses seem to be best positioned for this change in workspace, with the majority of respondents committing to an increase in mixed working situations and exclusively working from home
- The majority of firms made the future working environment a joint decision between employees and the company
Looking ahead to the next 3-6 months, do you anticipate the employees in your business will be:
|Company size||A mix of both||Exclusively working from home||Exclusive working in your office||Worksite|
|0 – 10||26||4||7||1|
|10 – 50||20||1||11||1|
|50 – 200||15||1||10||0|
- The majority of firms are NOT concerned about workplace hygiene
- Business outlook seems to be relatively carefree with many key concerns
- Despite the large increase in people working from home part time, or even full time the majority of firms are not looking to reduce their workspaces
|Physical distancing or proximity concerns||51.5%||48.5%|
|Downsizing your workspace||90.0%||10.0%|
|Reconfiguring your existing workspace||75.4%||24.6%|
|Reconfiguring your people/teams||81.5%||18.5%|
|Workspace or spatial planning||79.2%||20.8%|
|Maintaining your organisational culture||67.7%||32.3%|
|Having the right equipment to set up your workspace||80.0%||20.0%|
|Future proofing your workspace||73.1%||26.9%|